1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 1100 - 80# OR 200# Vibrator?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 07titan, Oct 10, 2013.

1. 07titan

07titan Member

Just bought a used Boss 1100 spreader. I need a vibrator - Im thinking an 80# vib will do just fine. Any input?

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Why do you need one? I've never needed one on my 1100.

3. 07titan

07titan Member

I run bulk bagged up and most of the time its on the wet side.

4. WIPensFan

Try without first. Usually you get enough movement just driving around.

5. 07titan

07titan Member

I got a good deal on spreader. I think. First spreader owner. The lid is missing, the owner forgot to lock the sides down and went on interstate. :) It's used one season by a guy who did it as a hobby an now has a full time job. The spreader has little if any rust on it at all. I got him to agree on $675. Hopefully it looks as good as the pics an the way he was saying the condition was. Find out sunday. Just wanted to see if I should put a vib on. My buddy who does this full time plowing, has the 1100 an said I needed a vib. I get the salt from him.

6. WIPensFan

Should be a good spreader for you, but get a cover. All I'm saying is why spend the money on a Vibrator if you don't need to. Try it out a few times, then see how it works. BTW, why is your bagged salt wet?

7. 07titan

07titan Member

My buddy just traded in all 3 he had for the new 800. I cant wait to use this.

Buying bulk is damp. If it sits for hours in the spreader it hardens.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  8. mypolaris1

mypolaris1 Member

I run two of the 1100s. No vibrator @ all. Never an issue. I wouldn't let product sit in it between storms, but in between stops not an issue!