1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss #1 plow and on TV ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by KBTConst, Jan 8, 2011.

1. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I was at my boss dealer yesterday and was talking to some plowers that said Boss plowes was rated #1 and something about a TV program based on Boss plows does any one know what is the scoop?

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Well the scoop position is best used for cleaning up after a job and stacking.

I've heard that from my dealer too. He told me that since they were so simple and well made, they last. But they also say meyer is a good plow. And western is a good plow too.

3. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I know what the scoop is for on the plow :) I own 3 of them it was just a term (scoop) wanting to know if any one has heard about the tv thing and the ranking of being # 1. the rating of #1 I dont think came from Boss, Maybe Mark will cime in today to explain it.

4. m3klee

m3klee Member

that's pretty cool. I must say me and my father and my regular job have all had fishers forever and this truck i just got is my first boss and i love it. i'll never got back to fisher again. they just seem all around more well built and the way they hook up is just awesome as to how easy it is

5. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Yes, the show worlds greatest did a special on Boss plows.

7. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I talked with my Boss dealer yesterday and he told me the same thing. Thanks for the replies.

8. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Boss was featured on "Cool Tools" also. I can't seem to get the link on the Cool tools website yet though.

9. SMillerHD

SMillerHD Member
    from IN

Western is the biggest plow manufacture in the world. I would think Boss would be #3 behind Western and Fisher, having said that I prefer Boss.

10. ColoradoProWash

ColoradoProWash Junior Member

I don't think they are the biggest selling plow but think they are one of the best made.

11. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Size has nothing to do with quality.

12. ColoradoProWash

ColoradoProWash Junior Member

Who said anything about size? You lacking size on something?

13. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

lol, should have maybe said "quantity has nothing to do with quality" instead. :cool: