1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by shashajag, Oct 21, 2004.

1. shashajag

shashajag Junior Member

yes good day everyone; first of all i'd like to tell all of you snow plowers that after last year's snow fall amount i've just decided to purchase a plow for my 1987 dodge ram 1500 4x4.i'd like to know what one to buy?? so i'm up for some serious discussions on who and were to buy this plow. in the past actually in 1988 i plowed snow for a guy in thunder bay ont. canada. he had a myers plow on a ford f-150.4x4. i was really good by mid season. made him lots of money. that myers plow worked like a dream for me. i used to work construction till 2000 when i got hurt. can't work any more?? winter for me is just boring as i used to escape winter from dec. 28 till april 1st for years.
    know married with child so winter escape is no longer a priorty for me.
    thus making winters terribly boring and cold etc..... i need a winter hobbie that won't cost me too much. i invite all to give me their opinion on the best plow these days. hope to hear from youes soon thanks for listening. reach me
    at ssuvajac@shaw.ca
  2. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Will it be personal plowing? If it's just your driveway, and maybe another or two, I recommend SnowBear or a Homesteader (Made By Fisher).

For commercial/residential plowing - Fisher, Meyer, Diamond, Pathfinder, Western, Boss, Blizzard, there's a whole range of brands, which all are great.

I don't recommend any big road plowing though, as the 1/2 ton's arn't built for stuff like that.
  3. shashajag

shashajag Junior Member

shopping for snow plow

yes i'm not planning on doing any heavy work just my drive-way & few friends
    were are these plows for sale
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

That's not snowplowing. I have over $30,000 into my "hobby".

Seriously, look into costs before you decide to go that route - truck, repairs, plow, insurance (General Liability and Commercial Vehicle), regional permits etc. If your wanting information on something like a Fisher Homesteader (which is tougher than a SnowBear, but still not considered a commercial-type plow) go to the Fisher website. Do a search for any brand plow you want to research and there will be a "dealer locator" section.
  5. shashajag

shashajag Junior Member

well i live in north western ontario canada so there is no worry about any type of licence except drivers licence. the truck i have is in tip top shape all new front end which cost me $3,000 cdn. would i have to beef up the front
    end to carry the weight properly??
  6. shashajag

shashajag Junior Member

yes thanks for the fisher tip their plows look to be good as well as strong personal plow that is the one i would like.