1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bored in Ohio

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jesselong, Dec 28, 2011.

1. jesselong

jesselong Junior Member

Havent been out one time this winter except to put salt down at seasonal contract.Rest of my contracts are by push or hour.This is my 3rd year last year i had 1 1/2 ton truck and old western cable plow and done well i got lucky.This year i have 3 trucks 1 ton chevy boss v plow 1 ton ford new bizzard snow plow and still have 1/2 ton.My question is do i keep all plows together at jobs i have 4 apartment complexes and 1 nursing home a couple of restrauts and residentials and storage place.All in 15 mile radius.I have 2 drivers and me i have showed them contracts but they have never plowed them and some of them i havent either just got this year.I was thinking first night out to stay together or should we all the time.Thanks Jesse.

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Join the club.
    Actually I just got done salting.

3. jesselong

jesselong Junior Member

jesse

Im waiting on phone call to go salt.Im from around Dayton area.

4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

was out last night and this morning, did a full sweep of our route. we got around 2-4" of heavy wet stuff that froze up when the temps dropped from 34 to about 25 after the winds hit. everything went pretty smoothly, still getting use to the tractor and blower setup for resi drives.

5. plownit

plownit Junior Member
    from ohio

In Columbus area, yesterday news was a dusting with icy spots for early AM:laughing::laughing:. Well nothing, nothing, nothing:realmad: One year old Snow Ex sp8500, new BOSS 9.2 with pro wings, 3k front end work. Wife asking when's it going to snow so I can pay for the above items:eek:. Ooooooooooooh boy!!!! Need help in Cleveland?, let me know, I'll be up. Until then, just waiting and waiting and waiting.

6. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

As much as I would love to have snow here in NJ and make some cash, its nice not having alot of wear and tear on the truck and not finding new things wrong with it in the spring. catch 22.

7. jesselong

jesselong Junior Member

You guys suck answer my question.

8. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I would stay together. I have two new guys and all of us went in one truck to salt last night.
    Had to show them the ropes before i stick them in a truck. Had a few new ones aswell to check out. I put property maps with highlighted areas in with routes for guys. It helps alot

Now just need some snow

9. jesselong

jesselong Junior Member

Thanks for the answer.

10. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

Hey Jesse what's your company name. Dont think I've seen you around the Waynesville area.

11. jesselong

jesselong Junior Member

THE LAWN SHARK LLC.Do all of my work in Xenia,Fairborn,and Bellbrook area.

12. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

We're mostly in Centerville, Springboro, Miamisburg, guess that's why I've never seen ya! Have a good season!

13. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

did you guys get anything out of this predicted storm? was planning on three services, mon morn, mon evening and tues morn. so far we salted some and are planning on doing a full service tues morn

14. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Salted this Morning, going back out tonight. My brother is telling me salted lots are covering back up..

Roll Trucks!!!!!Thumbs Up