1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bordem........

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big Nate's Plowing, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I got bored sitting around all day doing nothing so I went out in the garage and started messing with one of the mowers and this is what I made, it consists of a 8' 2x6 and half a 3x8 sheet of 1/2" thick lexan and8 bungee cords, yes it works, hell I moved around some loose gravel in our driveway.

pict0082.jpg

2. Big Nate's Plowing

up in the air using the hydro lift on the mower.

pict0083.jpg

3. Big Nate's Plowing

4. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

Not to shaby,

how long did it take?

what model JD is it mounted to?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2001
  5. Big Nate's Plowing

it took about 2 hours to make, and it's mounted to a F~725 Front mower. Now all we need is some snow ( how much would a tri axle full from buffalo cost?:D :p :rolleyes: :D )

6. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

That's AWESOME! I like the bungie-cord trip springs...

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Very ingenius,it might work great in powdery snow.

8. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I might be afraid of bungy cord failure. Resulting in injury to the opperator.

Geoff

9. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

Thats cool! Great job. :D

10. GLS

GLS Senior Member

I hope those 2x4's (or 2x6's?) are green treated!

11. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

You sure you aren't a nephew of Mr Stone? ;)

12. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

if we dont get snow in chicago soon, im gonna have to pack my bags and all my parts and haul butt out to buffalo! things are getting VERY tight around here. i dont want 7 feet but at this point ill take anything we can get. happy New Year to everyone, PT. p.s how is the equipment holding up in buffalo?

13. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

If that is a John Deere F725 I have a 48" snow blower, wheel weights, rear weights, tire chains and also a 60" MB power broom for it. We lost our F725 in a fire three years ago and we have not used it since so we well sell these two pieces at a very low price because they are just in our way, i can send pictures and even maybe meet you half way if you are intrested. Let me know, they work excellent and have not that many hours on them, Let me know, not that many contractors have the F725 that is why i havent been able to sell them because they only fit that model. Let me know what you think .

14. Big Nate's Plowing

Geoff, I tried a regular plow spring but it wouldnt trip even if it took a hard hit, then I took a garage door spring and tried that, didnt work , my little brother said to use bungee cords, walla it works!!

Bill, not a snowflakes chance in hell!!

John DiMartino; hopefully it will work in all types of snow

15. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Up In Buffalo my truck and plow mechanicly is holding up just great. Only problem I had was breaking a plow mounting pin. It stayed on by resting on the end of the bolt on the mount. Wouldnt want to drive to the new dealer like that again.

When at the dealer durring the last round of this storm I asked how busy thay have been. She said thay had the most people come in durring the first round christmas eve. Most needed parts were hydo hoses and pins (I got the last one). Only sold 2 hydro pumps, 1 chain. 1 stobe and a jack stand?
    I know a couple people that lost brake cyliners on thier trucks and passed a Dodge with a blow tranny.

16. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Kind of an odd time to sell a jack stand? Plow needs to be on the truck not on the jack buried under 7 ft of snow.

17. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

looks really good. like mentioned above, just check your bungee cords a lot, so they dont break and hit you in the eye.

18. intimidator

intimidator Member

Looks good. I'd hate to see what you could do with an unlimited budget, you could really use some sponsors and a patent form or two.

Jason

49 days til Daytona
    5 days til the Cornhuskers are National Champs (again)

19. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

This is getting just a liiii...ttle bit scary, guys...:D

20. Big Nate's Plowing

I just figgured out what that cost to make.......Less then $25

I am debating on making a set of mini pro wings for it outta lexan.

Intimidator: My original plan was to make a 7' meyer plow fit on there but my $$ got tight and I sold the plow, I Doubt I would patent something like that but I have a 60" wide and 20" high steel/lexan blade in the workings similar to a 18 series Sno~way( uses a 18 series lexan insert) that I will spend the money to patent and I know I will have a market for them because John Deere does not make a blade for them just a $2500 single stage blower and there is a ton of people that run those mowers around here. If anybody wants to send me $$ in small bills here ya go :po box 1232 Holland Ohio 43528-1232:rolleyes: :D