1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Booster leaking

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by milwaukeevtwin, Nov 1, 2013.

1. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

I have a 1995 gmc 3500 The brake booster is leaking into the cab and I have never had one of these apart. It also is leaking on to the firewall. Question is can it just be a seal or gasket to replace or does the booter need replaced? Also could the master be leaking into the booter? Meaning is the master bad? Brakes work fine. But now it leaked in the brake switch and the brake lights are stuck on. ANY HELP WOULD B GREAT!
  2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Replace both
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

they are not rebuildable!!!!!!!!! only part that you can change is the push rod
    you might not need the master, just the booster
  4. 04hd

04hd Senior Member
    from WI

I would do both of them. You'll have very little extra cost involved plus you are that far already.! Be prepared for that booster cost. Just did mine a couple months ago and was around 375 for both units.
  5. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

I have one on a cab I just took the floor pans and rockers out of. PM me if you want it.