1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boos SmartHitch2 hydraulic info

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rtm038, Dec 16, 2003.

1. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Hello,
    Where can I find some information about the how the Boss SmartHitch2 hydraulic set-up works? I've been to the Boss site, looked under the technical manuals and found some drawings. The problem is that the drawings don't explain how the system works (i.e. Raise, Float, Right, Left, etc.). I think the set-up is cool and I'm curious as how it works.

Ryan

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Do you have a Boss dealer nearby? They could tell you what ever you want to know. Otherwise I have one here in town. Quad City Spring. Their number is 309-762-2956. Ask for Bill Allison. Good luck.:waving:

3. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks for the phone number. I'm running a 1 year old Fisher 8' MM2 now, but there is a guy selling a 3 month old Boss 8' Super Duty w/ the SmartHitch2 set-up for a great price and I'm thinking about upgrading. I've watched the SmartHitch2 video on Boss' website and really like the idea. Just wonder if it's easier to mount than my Fisher, which is a real snap.

Ryan

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

It takes me about 30-45 seconds to hook up and even less to take off. Good luck!:waving:

5. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

BOSS plows....need we say anymore :D If you dont have one....Get one !!!!

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I too am running the Boss SUperduty w/SmartHitch, love everything about it... "0" problems as of yet :waving:

7. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

It's a good deal and it's real tempting, but we'll see what happens. Can you safely take a plow off a truck and replace it with another brand? What about holes that had to be drilled to mount the original plow?

Ryan

8. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Ryan,,, thats the great thing about Boss plows. Most applications do not require any modifications to the vehicle. Boss has really done their homework when it comes to install for their plows.