1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boomless nozzle

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by hiranger, Nov 22, 2011.

1. hiranger

hiranger Member

Just talked to Kubota yesterday for about 2 hours... Ended up bringing home a boomless setup.. Tested it today and it is sweeeeet !!! I mainly use liquid as a pre-treat and post-treat on my lots..

2. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Where are the pictures or better yet a video....

3. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Good to see you. I'm glad the boomless is to your liking. I realized when I walked into the shop today how I have no sprayer equipment? The boom rack has a small 5' boom order that is to be picked up. Also have a 100" boom that has been vulture'd for parts, but no sprayers, just a few random parts. I guess tomorrow I'm off to Iowa for a bunch off sprayer parts. :confused:

4. firelwn82

You drive to Iowa to get your parts?? Dang... lol

5. Kubota 8540

120 miles each way, yep. Going tomorrow. Delivering an electric brinemaker, picking up parts and picking up a customers tank to build a sprayer to mount on his skidsteer trailer with 20+20 feet boomless nozzles.

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

We need more pics and vids of your setups, you should start a thread just dedicated to them.

7. Kubota 8540

First I'm glad NOT to have the time to stop and take pictures or make videos of at least some of what I build. I do THINK about taking some pictures, then realize the camera was left at home. After the holiday weekend I'll be starting 2 new sprayer projects, both 1,000 gallon sprayers, 1 with a 1lane boom, 1 w/ 20' and 40' dual boomless, and another small brinemaker. I will try to do so.

8. firelwn82

It would clear up alot of questions people have all of the time. I built my spray bar today. I have the brine maker piping masue and all of the proper fittings written down. Just have o go pick the stuff up and slap it together. Not going to happen his wek though... Dang holidays. lol Thanks for all of your help Kubota I really appreciate it.

9. Kubota 8540

To me it get's a little mundane? Not really a big deal or anything out of the ordinary. Basically just another sprayer? Most are very basic. The next 2 are a little out of the ordinary. One is for a city streets department 1,065 gallon steel skid and hoops. I have a real welder that will be coming to my shop to do all the welding. Then I'll hit it with primer and paint. Install basic tank, plumbing, and semi-mounted spray bar. Spray bar will mount to the skid rather than to a hitch receiver. About the only thing different will be tank size, spray boom mount and the hydraulic powered pump.

The other will be trailer mounted on a contractors skidsteer trailer with selectable 20' or 40' boomless nozzles. Possibly wireless remote operated controls?

I'll do my best to take some pics and post them. Just didn't want to bore any one with them? I only got into all this 2-3 years ago and have had to learn so much so quick, it seems trivial now. No faking this job, they either perform and are dependable or you have no customers. I have equipment I have built from Iowa to Connecticut.

10. firelwn82

Heck yeah. Keep up the good work.

11. Kubota 8540

The sprayer for the city is going to get the royal treatment, even though it's just a single lane sprayer. This will be their first, and I would be extremely satisfied if I could build a sprayer for just 1/3 of their trucks?

They maintain 500 miles of streets. LOTS of spraying could happen there. They also bought a big brinemaker from me.

What started off for me was a way to get what I needed for spraying cheaply, has evolved into a job. As a carpenter they are kind of hard to come by in the past few years.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  12. hiranger

hiranger Member

Kubota,

Don't work too hard of the weekend

13. Kubota 8540

Hey bought some new boomless nozzles today. 20' each way off a tee.

Working most of the weekend, we're having Thanksgiving Saturday Night.We're all giving thanks that we all have jobs and are working.

11_23_11 011 (Small).jpg

11_23_11 011 (Small).jpg

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  14. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

15. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

How did I miss this thread?!

How do those Hypro Boom X Tenders work? What gpm did you get? It looks like the grey are around 20gpm that is alot of liquid coming out! I have been eyeballing the XP Boomjets myself.

16. Kubota 8540

They seem to spray good. Not quite as nice as the Boom Busters, but for half the cost? Bought the X215 Gray nozzles. Not really a lot of liquid at 7-10 mph, only 46-66 gpa. Doesn't really matter how many gallons per minute. What matters is the speed you want to spray at. The faster you want to drive, the more gpm you need. I have looked at those too. 40-60" OC. Kind of limit you to a 80" or 60" boom? Although I have not used them yet.

17. Kubota 8540

Just had a pair of boom buster 40' + 40' nozzles come thru the shop on there way to a new home. They were monsters at 1" diameter. Get it done.