1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bone Heads, lest see what you have to deal with.

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Neige, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

It was just incredible today, these are all pics from just one site. The first one shows how people double parked, and then the second guy triple parks :dizzy::mad: Then in the third and fourth picture, this person parks blocking in 6 cars, and where I am supposed to push my snow.

photo (4).jpg

photo (3).jpg

photo (2).jpg

photo.jpg

2. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Here are are a few more, one even shows how I could not get through. REALLY

photo (6).jpg

photo (7).jpg

photo (9).jpg

photo (10).jpg

3. CJCuttingedge

CJCuttingedge Junior Member

Have some fun and plow them in, i have some lots where the past few years I dealt with cars being parked over night illegally so instead of having them towed I stacked the snow behind the car. I used to leave notices in zip lock bags but it didn't work this method seems to get the point across real quick.

4. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Plow them in!

5. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

I plow a convenience store that's open 24 hour's a day. It's like the bright lights pulls all the idiots in.Guys can't park 20 feet away where I've already cleared. No they have to park right in front of the store in the handy capped spaces.

6. iamhere

iamhere Senior Member
    from Tn

Man just driving through a car dealership on a normal day is bad enough I can't imagine having to plow one.

7. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Time to call the hook. Car lots suck. We did three rental car places last year, what a complete PITA

8. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

chat with managment and have them towed. You can't solve that kind of stupid

9. Neige

Neige Sponsor

LOL its a train station parking lot. The security guard happened to drive in while I was there and said he has no authority to have them towed. :eek:
    Here is a one that did not effect me, boy are they going to have a bad day.

photo (5).jpg

10. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I deal w/ the same problem. One of my lots rents space to a car rental agency. They act like they own the place and randomly park the cars wherever they feel like, even though they have a designated area.

Ever since the airport started charging them storage, they use my lot as an overflow for 75-100 cars instead of 20-30 as it should be. The best part is when the transporters start a convoy and clean them all off on the freshly cleared & salted isle ways.

It's increased my service calls, but sucks to get called back in for a clean up right after crawling into bed. Sometimes after heavy snows, management will make them move all the cars for clean up...which is like starting all over again. While I'm sitting around waiting, I pull out the calculator and start adding #'s...then it all suddenly feels better.payup

Tonight on the same lot I got stalked for about 3 hours by another snow plower...every time I moved to another side of the building there he was facing me. Finally I blocked the isle so he'd have to stop while passing me, but instead he came within inches of hitting me and the cars beside him. Just a little freaky after a woman got shot in the face last month w/ a pellet gun, before the bro robbed her.

11. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Why didn't you call the cops? After three hours you'd have a pretty good reason

12. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Should have been at our dealership yesterday. Six trucks plowing and only 1 box side wasted, not bad.

13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like the hotel here with all the Canadian plates.They can't park right here either!

14. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking it looked like it should be a car dealership.

15. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Not sure who is actually responsible for how the lot is ran, but it seems rather simple to me. Whoever your contact/contract is let them know that you cannot do a proper job when vehicles are let like that, and that you can't/won't be held liable for any slip and falls, accidents, etc that result because people park like that. Leave the ball in their court and make sure you document the exchange. I am willing to bet that someone takes a little initiative and deals with the problem

16. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I almost did, but I've been down that road before...Unless he actually engages me, which I gave him a very good opportunity to do, nothing becomes of it. The property is open to the public and was busy. The cops had a busy night also, being a Friday night. They don't want to be bothered w/ something unless there's actual cause for action.

I think he was just a starving contractor who figured he would time & monitor lots, because he was also driving through the neighbor lots that were empty. It's not that unusual. We get more action in this community than others a few miles away, which I guess is appealing sometimes when there is nothing going on elsewhere. I plow on average there 3:1, when compared to lots I have 15-20 minutes away.

17. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

I'll tell you what grinds my gears; people walking through lots without even paying attention.

Here I am, taking it nice and slow in order to watch for said pedestrians and people just dart out behind me without even looking. I had some woman stop behind my dump truck and use it as a wind break to light her cigarette. It drives me absolutely nuts. I know that I would be at fault, but there should be some level of responsibility on the pedestrian to actually LOOK before they run out behind a plow truck.

18. redneckwoodsman

redneckwoodsman Junior Member

why is it people can only gas up from the gas pumps i am trying to clear or park next to the pile i just want to push

19. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Alot of my lots are full during the day, so much so that they get left for the night time plowing. I may salt lanes but it is an excercise in futility to plow and just wears me out.
    Yesterdays snow was nice as most stayed home or closed up shop but the ones that did make it in parked in some inconvienient ways cause I guess they thought they were the only ones around. I hate daytime snow events......

20. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

I was plowing one of the banks I plow for the second time yesterday when as I'm backing down the front between the bank entrance and a line of cars some broad pulls up behind me throws it in park and goes in the bank. Just leaving her escalade in the middle of the roadway blocking me in and about 3 other customers out of the area of the lot I had cleared.

I was dumb founded! I had to go inside and ask her to move at which point she told me to F-in wait she'll be done in a minute. :eek:

The manager saw this tho and told her until she moves her vehicle they cannot help her. Boy was she pissed lol.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013