1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bonding and license

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jbutch83, Dec 2, 2002.

1. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Got a call from one of our new contracts today, they are a chain of video rental stores. They stated that the district manager wanted copies of our insurance, which I told them was not a problem, but that he also wanted us to be bonded and licensed. We do not have any type of licensing within our county, and what is with bonding. I have heard of it before, but what does it cost and what I take it that it covers the cost if we can't get the job done. Not sure what to do with this one, would hate to lose it, but we may just have to give this one up.

John

2. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

John

Call your insurance agent as they can give you the cost & info.:waving:

Most of my Bonds cost $50.00 to $100.00 per bond per year.

3. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX Senior Member
    from NJ

Yeah John, Check with your insurance agent, he will help out on that one, I would think it would be worth the tiny investment to keep that commercial client.... As far as licensing ?? maybe the municipality has a contractor license that you are required to have anyway ?? I know I have quite a few of them on file and stuck to the side of my truck ...