1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PRO PROPERTY CARE, Jan 28, 2003.

1. do you need too be bonded, and what exactly is bonded....
    a friend mentioned it and said i should be,,, is normal liablity insurance enough...
  2. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I believe you only need Commercial auto and General Liability unless requested by a customer. Bonded in regards to snowplowing probably means that you would buy an insurance policy to ensure that you performed your duties outlined in the contract you sign with the customer. If you failed to perform in accordance with the contract they would recieve the money from the policy to hire another contractor to complete the services.

I have not had anyone request it. If someone was to demand it, I would get quotes from your insurance agent and pass the cost to the customer plus a fee for obtaining it.

I would try to talk the customer out of it based on your experience, your reliability and you ability and history of providing quality service.