1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bombardier

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by unimogr, Mar 17, 2011.

1. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

What value would you put on a 1966 Bombadier track sidewalk plow with V and straight plow. In good running and operating condition? Some rust on the door bottoms. Any info greatly appreciated. What does one weigh?

Colby.jpg

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Local lumberyard had one of those for a while. They sold it though. What's it like getting parts for that thing? 5K for a novelty item? I really have no clue.

3. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

That is one cool little machine. I'm sure to the right person, its worth alot. Like a snow plow collector.:laughing:

4. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

5. wildwilly

wildwilly Member

I would say about 4k for it. They use these in our city for sidewalks..they are mini tanks and yes... you can get parts for them.... they haven't changed much at all since thy started making them...why change a good solid thing??weight? about a ton1/2

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

There is a guy on here selling one for 4k I believe. He cleaned it up and he has a video of if it running. It is quick and does a great job. If I could get a job subbing for the city with one of those it would be the best piece of equipment for the job. I always see the toolcats getting stuck in my city while doing the walks trying to get over piled up aprons.

7. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

i have a 1987 version ... parts are not a problem... it weights around 4500 lbs, i have seen them sold any where from 3- 11 k for the older versions...new they are around 80k .. nothing beats those things doing sidewalks

8. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

I would check with any local snowmobile clubs, looks like it could be a good grooming machine.

9. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Thanks guys. I guess it's worth the $3000. being asked for it. The straight blade does look like toast though. Too bad it doesn't have a PTO, I could hang my chipper on it. A little body work, some paint and a gallon of perfume it should be good to go.<bg>

It fits right in with my other truck:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-wLAAmgVGY

10. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

You better prep it for Lybia runnin low on equipment.

11. wildwilly

wildwilly Member

I hate you !!!!!!!!lol

12. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Ring mount and 50 cal.???

13. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

LMAO!:laughing:

14. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

nope- not a good groomer because the tracks are too narrow. This is a SW48 - which literally is a SideWalk plow, 48" wide. Bombardier did make a groomer with a very similar chassis, as well as several other variations for other purposes including swamp crossing.
    One could swap tracks onto the SW48 for grooming, but I suspect from the grooming sites I have read it would not be cost effective for most.