1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bombardier sidewalk plow at work

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

why would you push snow in to a perfectly clean non snow road. ? :dizzy:

3. schmol

schmol Senior Member

Very cool, looks to be in excellent shape too! It definitly moves faster than a skid steer would. Did you pick that up at the Ritchies auction last year in MTL, they sold around 50 of those old units. Some were in great shape like yours, and some were more like parts machines.

4. vinny69

vinny69 Junior Member
    from canada

y put the snow on the road, Your fired

5. schmol

schmol Senior Member

To get rid of the snow it has to go somewhere, it makes perfect sence to me, put it on the road and take it away with a 4x4 or loader. If you windrow it onto the grass on the medians than you just end up with huge piles that you have to move later anyways. Niege has quite the outfit, I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

6. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

I like the guy in the wheelchair trying to get through your snow you left in the entrance. its funny seeing them push him through the snow. awesome machine though

7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Im actually suprised to see that too from Paul.

Wouldnt it make sense to do the walks first, then the lot?

Seems like a very efficient machine BTW.

8. V-Boss

V-Boss Member

x2, I would like to know also

9. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

I'm sure he's gonna come back with a loader with a pusher or something and scrape it clean and remove the snow from the area. Seems logical to me.

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yes that's exactly the way I'd do it. Having a windrow beside a side makes drifting and icing that much worse.

11. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

People that plow with pickups vs. people that use heavy equipment are two different breeds!

All the pickup people now are saying, no, not another push, the loader guys couldn't care less about that though.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks for your insight Jon Jon. :laughing:

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Those things are awesome.

Just don't go sideways over a snow bank.

14. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

It's true though. When I am all done and some jerk pushes his driveway out on to the freshly plowed road I want to kill him because it isn't just one push like I assume it would be with a loader or box.

15. Neige

Neige Sponsor

It drives 30 MPH, and yes we got it at Richies 8 years ago.
    I took your advice and fired myself.
    Thanks, its the only logical way I think it can be done.
    Yes usually we do, had a replacement driver who forgot those walks, so I wanted to have some fun.
    Thats what we did.
    On top of that JD you run out of room real fast
    Almost tipped it when I took it off a trailer once, the thing weighs 6 tons.
    My two brothers overturned my decision to fire myself, back to work I go. :laughing::drinkup:

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Wow 6 ton. How long do the tracks last?

17. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Still faster with a loader:laughing:,looks good Paul,I always thought those machines where the cats ass of machines for walks.

18. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Very cool!!!!! But it seems it would be highly unstable at 30mph:eek: Thats screamin in something like that!!

19. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

wow seems usefull

20. Uncle Herb

Uncle Herb Senior Member

Ah yes, the village I live in has the exact model. They have been plowing sidewalks with it for decades it seems.