1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bolt snapped right off!!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by dieseltroop, Feb 19, 2007.

1. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

So I was getting ready for work today, go out to my garage, and just look under my truck to see if there are any leaks, and I see a bolt on the ground. Walk on the other side and see washer's and the other half of the bolt on the ground as well. I couldn't believe it. One of the bolts from my push beam busted right off. I was out and about on Saturday night. Truck has been in the garage since then. Must have happened last night or something, b/c I didn't see anything when I looked under yesturday. Will post pic's when I get a chance. Ran to a dealer today, and he just gave me 4-bolt's for it. He was thinking that maybe the 1st one was torqued to much and it stretched, causing it to break eventually. He told me about 150 ft. lbs. should be suffice for tighthening the bolt. I am just glad it wasn't anything else besides a bolt, and that I wasn't driving when it happened.