1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bolt in Shorty headers.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TravisA, Jul 25, 2003.

1. TravisA

TravisA Junior Member

Does anyone make shorty headers that will bolt in place of the manifolds for an 1985 C20 auto tranny and 350 engine?

Thanks
    Travis

2. colorado 54

colorado 54 Junior Member

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

I have seen them for cars,and the newer GM trucks,but nothing for the older ones.Regular headers and duals are so easy I guess they have no reason for a shorty header.

4. TravisA

TravisA Junior Member

Thanks, I was looking for something to just bolt in so i didn't have to cut up the exhaust. I guess i'll just have to settle for some full length headers :)

Thanks again
    Travis

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

You can buy direct bolt on duals for headers which are really cheap.Do a web search,there are lots of kits out there.

6. colorado 54

colorado 54 Junior Member

I called Summit Racing just for the heck of it. They said they do have a shorty. It is a Hedman Part#HED69480. That's the good news. The bad news is that it's $313.69. If it were me, and I was going to buy this set, I would first call or e-mail Hedman to verify it will bolt in. {'85 C-20 auto trans]