1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bolt always loose on V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by hotshot4819, Jan 9, 2009.

1. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

Hi guys, have a boos 9.2 vxt. The Bolt on the top of the plow on the venter hinge, always gets so loos i can take out with my fingers.

WHATS going on? I have tried everything..

Also, if i raise my plow and leave it up, it will slowing drop on its on within 5 minutes. leaking valve or cylinder?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If there's no excessive play in the pin/wing hinge (manufacturing defect) and the hingle plate is lying flat on the center tower like it should be, then tack the bolt head to the hinge plate if you've already tried red locktite first (without success). Generally the locktite will do the job though.

To identify the leak down as a cylinder or valve issue swap the lift and lower valves for one another. If it stops the leak down issue you know its a valve problem. If not then you've got a defective lift cylinder. Neither are too common.