1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bolens Tractors

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cigam, Jul 3, 2004.

1. cigam

cigam Guest

Here's a nice tractor for sidewalks. I even have the the cab for it (needs to be sanded down, primed, painted).

2. cigam

cigam Guest

Here is the G14 with a plow and spreader. I bought a nice spreader, it works fine for sand and salt. I had to put a curve in the bottom to make it so all the sand would go out as there would be some sand/salt left in. As for rust? Yes, it comes with it. I'm thinking of buying a new sand spreader from Epoke (they make the tow-behind sand spreaders for sidewalk tractors).

3. cigam

cigam Guest

ps - that photo of the G14 with sander and plow is May 22nd 2002. we get late snow falls in New Hampshire.
  4. cigam

cigam Guest

Front of G14

Here is the front of the G14 and plow. This is angled. It's excellent for sidewalks. As for weight on the rear-end, I use a bucket full of sand, plus wheel weights. But it's not needed much.
    I've plowed with no tire chains and weight and it pushed fine. It's a heavy tractor for it's compact size... around 1000 lbs. Cast iron transmission, front end, steering column, big 14 Hp tecumseh OHV engine, lots of steel.

5. cigam

cigam Guest

Bolens Husky 1254

This is a Bolens Husky 1254, features a 12 hp Wisconsin engine, this is heavy duty too. I used this for two winters. One storm was 38" and I used it throughout the storm, started plowing at around 10" of snow or so. Worked great. Drove right on top of the snowbanks (never got stuck thank god). I used it to plow some driveways and trails. In my old house I had trails I plowed... and some were slightly slanted. Once the tractor slipped sideways and the canopy got caught against another tree. And for something that weighs around 1000 lbs and in the snow, you can't pull it out by hand. And this was on a trail, so I had to get another tractor to pull it out.

The canopy was built by my Dad and I. We learned a lot about reinforcement as the welding would break later on due to not enough reinforcement. Once we reinforced it enough, no breaking occured. It was a wonderful tractor to plow with. I remember I hired someone to plow for me and he drove it and had a blast. He'd take the plow off and drive through some snow with it (with tire chains on), and once he got it stuck.

I sold it to a man in southern NH.

6. cigam

cigam Guest

Bolens Bulldozer

Here's a Bolens bulldozer I saw on a yahoo group. Customized but look how neat it is. It's a model 800 I believe.

7. cigam

cigam Guest

Bolens 1254 with snowblower (NOT MINE!)

This is a cool photo of a Bolens with a snowblower and cab. This is like the cab I have. It's simple but warm.

8. bluenite608

bluenite608 Member

I have a Bolens HT-20. I love it, I have the mower deck, rear blade,front dozer blade,and the cab with the hard top and windshield. I also have the front end bucket loader and a backhoe for it. I leave the bucket and backhoe on all the time, you can not get stuck with the back hoe.
  9. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

The backhoes and loaders are hard to get !
  10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Nice set up guys, making me jealous all over again :redbounce
  11. killbasser

killbasser Junior Member

thats me

how did i get on here
  12. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member