1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bolake (Boss plow question)

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bolake, Oct 4, 2014.

1. bolake

bolake Senior Member

Just joined today looks like a great site! Purchased and had installed a new 8'2" Power V XT plow. I have had different brand straight blade plows in the past but I think this is going to be something else. Question I know Boss is a top notch plow but is there anything to keep a eye on electrical or mechanical that is pron for problems?
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

No. At most keep an extra spring around in case one of the wing ones break. But you can still plow with a broken one.
  3. bolake

bolake Senior Member

Will do,Thanks for the reply
  4. Afsnowpushers

Afsnowpushers Junior Member

I have 4 v plows,
    1. keep an eye on center pin(vertical one that holds wings on) the bolt that holds it to center piece comes out and the pin works it's way out.
    2. Also watch the horizontal pin that holds push frame to center piece nut is behind wings easy to see when in stack position (v).
    3. All of my plows have broke where the push frame angles to the center yoke.
    4. Check for wings cracking at center pin (usually left side.)

Just had one plow beak on the push frame just before yoke, another plow just broke at the center piece the center and lower welds broke.

Hard to describe, just remember we are pushing a lot of white stuff things will break and losen up.