1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

body work

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dieselman19, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

Im getting ready to sell my 1997 Ford F 350, but before i can i have to repair a small section of rust on the rear fender, (common on fords), but i was looking in to cutting the old section out and repairing it with a patch, either metel or fiberglass, does anyone have a good website to get patches, or that has auto body supplies?

2. fordman89

fordman89 Junior Member

go to www.jcw.com and they have body repair sections for all trucks
  3. CMerLand

CMerLand Senior Member

4. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Ya that's the best way, the way your doing it. Just make sure and make your cut as straight as possible so that your new panel will butt right up to it. With the thin metal if the metal isn't close enough and theres holes and small gaps it will be much harder to weld together and sand down to make it look nice. Just make sure to take your time and sand that baby down for a long while to make sure it's perfect. If I't's not, after paint you'd definetly notice it.
  5. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I get all my replacement body parts from WWW.LMCTRUCK.COM they have good quality replacement part and ship fast. Good luck