1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Body Work & Paint On The F250

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Feb 2, 2010.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Well this winter really sucks. So the F250 is going to get painted on thursday. I ahve gotten it prepped ready to go. Just have to scuff it up. Here are some pics of the truck from the beginning to now in order.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

looks really good man.....did you buy it like that? what happened to it??

5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

looking nice so far, are youpainting it yourself or are you taking it in?

6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I am spraying it myself. I bought it all hit on the side. Did the body work. And I am going to sell this truck to buy a duramax so gonna paint it and clean it up nice. I bought the truck back in 05 or 06 for $8k so. I got a pretty good deal. And it came with the 8ft MM2 plow. Only has 120k on it at the time.

7. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looking good. I wish I had time to do mine. I think Im buying a bed and doors and putting ne cab corners on soon.

8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

bring it over I have the other bay lol

9. THE-BOSS-PLOWS

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

Did I just read Duramax Good Choice it will treat you well.

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

yep a dirtymax!!!!!! its better then a powerchoker :)

11. heavychevy01

heavychevy01 Member

Well if you have the room to fix f250man's and are offering, we can fix the waves in my passenger door from cutting it too close to a frozen snowbank while you are at it :)

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Hey Jon you are closer come on up and back it in. when did you screw up your door this season? we had no snow haha

13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Man LJ I wish you were closer I would get you to do a bit of work and paint my whole blue truck!

14. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

very nice, body work looks top-notch. are you repainting the whole truck or just blending it in around the primed areas?

is this truck a stroker?
    what year truck are you looking at when purchasing the dmax?

15. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I am going to spray the entire side. Because my garage is not big enough and those damn lolli columns there its hard to do the entire truck. I plan on doing the entire side and blending into the front fender. Nah my truck has the 5.4 V8 in it. If it was a stroker I would be keeping it. I am looking for a 06 or newer dmax. Crew cab short bed. But I can get a really good deal on another ext cab short bed I will take that too.

16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Wow I have been hearing that a lot from ppl. What's wrong with the blue chevy Brad? all dinged up?

17. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

man that prep blows you have to wash those parts before you prep them all your doing is grinding crap salt and dirt into the base. primier is not made to be wet and washed and run it i the snow and expect it to take paint that will hold up.

the work looks good your just missing the major first step in prep, wash and dewax, the prim on the sides need a good resand and reprime before paint to get the comtainments out

18. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

it is clean in the second to last pic. I am aware of having to scuff the entire surface. I took the mud flap off of the front fender and there was paint flaking I was like O well I guess I am fixing this now haha. My father was a body man of over 30 years and I picked up quit a few things from him.

19. heavychevy01

heavychevy01 Member

Did it last year when we actually had snow, and I may take you up on that LJ :laughing:

20. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

couple little dings and scratches