1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Body style question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by IHcubman, Oct 21, 2003.

1. IHcubman

IHcubman Junior Member

I know that the Chevy body styles changed in 1988 for pick-ups, but did'nt they run the old body on the 1-tons for a while? I know they kept the old body style on Blazers and Suburbans until 1991.
    Just curious...

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Blazers and subs kept the old body style until 1991.

The pickup,including 1 tons,all went to the new body style in 1988.

GM carried on the 3+3 crew cabs,and some chassis cab with the old body style until 1991 as well.There may have even been a few carried on past that,but I don't know for sure.

3. IHcubman

IHcubman Junior Member

Thanks

I'm supposed to go look at a 1990 GMC stake bed 4WD and I was kind of hoping it had the old body style/frame so the plow off of my 1987 Chevy would fit...
    Looks like the answer is maybe...?

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

If it is an original one ton cab and chassis,it may be the old body style.Only way to find out is to go look at it.

5. IHcubman

IHcubman Junior Member

I'll see it Saturday. Keepin my fingers crossed that it's all it's supposed to be!

6. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

those squared off front end with the Grill that had two small headlights and one large one below are hard to find in a pickup truck. I know of a company that sells a conversion to that front end grille. Most of that body style grille was built on the Blazer and Suburban platform while GM was updating to the more modernized style.

Jay

7. IHcubman

IHcubman Junior Member

FYI, the truck had the new body style. It had duel wheels so I assume it was sold as a chassis cab. No, I didn’t buy it. It was an old fleet truck from the electric company being sold at auction. It had the 454 auto, 4WD. 9’ stake body with a rotted out wood floor. It had a lift gate (not a priority to me). The cab was in good shape, no rust. It was obvious that the stake body had been added from an older vehicle. The truck had 106K on the odometer. The tires were fairly new. Truck sold for $5700; way too rich for me! That was about $2,000 more than trade-in book value!