1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Body Mount Replacement

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SCAPEASAURUSREX, Jan 1, 2003.

1. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX Senior Member
    from NJ

I am going to replace the body mounts on my F250 , a couple of the rubber ones collapsed and the body is all cockeyed.. SO I order a set of energy suspension urethane mounts, Read the instrections , and seems pretty stratigh forward, Unbolt the stock mounts , jack up the body and attempt to remove them ?? Uhhh N:OT>... They are nto comeing out, even borrwed an air hammer to try to bang them out.. NO way are these thing s coming out .. ONly way is to cut them out.. Ughh, But then you dont have the metal sleeves to set the new bushing s into ?? so go to the dealer to get new metal sleeve, no deal.. gotta buy all new bushings.. What ... Call energy suspension, they say buy new busings and cut rubber off and put new urethane on them , What are they nuts /??? The factory rubber busings are really expensive , an $80.oo urethane ugrade is turnign into a $400 or $500 dollar job.... Anybody do this before and have any ideas on how to do this job right without buying and wasting new rubber bushings from FOrd ??? Thanks..

2. SCAPEASAURUSREX

from NJ

So you mean to tell me no one has ever had to do body mount bushing s in their FORDS yet ????

3. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

you should be able to loosen all the mounts on one side of the truck, then jack the body up on that side, and change the bushings, one at a time.

why cant you reuse the sleeves you have?

4. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

See below.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2003
  5. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Yes cut them.Smallest air saw you can get, or sawzall with a long blade. Cut off wheel burns the rubber and doesn't get very far.

That is what worked for me

6. SCAPEASAURUSREX

from NJ

OK but what did you do about the sleeves ?? did you just leave them out ?? or did you get some tubing and make them yourself or did you buy new factory bushings with sleeves, cut off the rubber and put on the new urethane ??

7. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

New sleeves. www.LMCtruck.com I believe has them. The mounts will not work with out them. The bolts are too small, would hasten crushing them and probably would not be very secure.

If you want can get the measurements and you can make your own.... I just have to find one of my rusty ones in my bucket of "spare parts"

Howard

give me a day or two.

8. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Looking at my Bronco catalog the sleeves are very different between my 76 and anything newer. I would look at their catalog. Hope that helps.

9. SCAPEASAURUSREX

from NJ

Thanks,

I'll look at LMC, have their catalog floating around somewhere.. Did not even think to look there.. Thanks again.. Let you know how I make out..