1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Body lifts

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by beherit316, Sep 9, 2003.

1. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

How hard is it to install body lifts? And will it effect my plowing if i install a 2 inch lift?

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

They aren;t very hard.Make sure you get a complete kit,which includes the bumper brackets,shift rod extension,etc.

When you lift the body,a lot of things go up,and a lot don't.The bumpers are frame mounted,so they will be lower after the lift.Other things like wiring,brake lines,shift linkages,etc will sometimes need to be extended.Buying a kit with all the neccesary stuff makes it a lot easier.

It's not hard to install,just remove the body bolts,and slowly lift the body.Insert the lift spacers,and rebolt the body in place.It will probably take longer to add the shift linkage extension,and bumper brackets than to install the basic lift kit.

It shouldn't affect your truck much for plowing,except for the decrease in visablity over the hood.You will probably want to get some taller plow markers to make it easier to find the plow.

3. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

Sounds like it takes alot of time if you dont have it on a lift.I really just want to lift it no more then 2 inches, do you recomend any websites out there that sells a good kit? And how much will one spend on a complete kit? I saw a complete set fot $105.00.

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

You don't need a lift for it.Most of the body\bed bolts are around the outside edge of the truck.You can then use a couple of 2X4's and some jack to take the body up.I've also seen it done one side at a time for smaller lifts.Loosen but leave the bolts in place (on one side),and lift one side at a time.

Performance Accessories,Daystar,Skyjacker all make good kits.Search the web,and find what you want.I would recommend buying it locally at a performance or 4X4 shop,so if you have a problem,or are missing parts,they are close by.