1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

body lift

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ABES, Jul 16, 2007.

1. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

anybody know of a good place online to purchase a body lift and what brand lift to use i have never done one before but my friends have and they are willing to help me. i got a quote of like $900 for the lift and labor but there is no way im paying that...thanks for your help guys

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a good place to deal with...Body Lifts/Summit Racing...been buying from these guys for years, good prices and great service.

3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i was looking at summitt racing but most kits only seem to be good for 1995-1998 trucks there is only 1 kit offered for a 99 cbs and it is a 2" lift. i was hoping to get a 3" lift.

4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i was looking at performance acessories webiste and they only offer a kit for 95-98 and then they say its also good for 99-00 1 ton but not 3/4 ton.

is there really any differance between my truck and a 98 K2500 they look exactly the same

thanks for your help guys

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Since your truck is the OBS, you can use a 2" or 3" body lift for any K1500 from '88 to '98 or K2500 from '88 all the way to the 2000 model year as there all the same. Basically as long as it's the OBS, it will fit your truck. In 2000 you could get a OBS or NBS K2500 so it can get a little confusing on what you need to order parts for....:realmad: Just to make it easier on you, take a look again at the one's in the summit link I posted above...notice when I searched for body lifts I used '98 for the model year instead of '99. That way theirs no confusion as to whether there for the OBS or the NBS......these are the one's you want to look at for your truck.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

thanks a ton B&B so i guess i should just order one for a 1998 K2500 to eliminate any confusion.

7. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

is there any differance in quality between the summit brand and performance accessories??? also where there any changes on these trucks from 94-95 because the kit i am looking at says its good for a 1995-1998. thanks B&B

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The quality between at the name brand kits (JT,Summit,Performance Accessories) is pretty much all the same. Just order one for a '98 K2500 and you''ll have no problems. The difference between the '95-up and the '94 back trucks has to do with the steering shaft modification that's necessary with a 3" body lift. '95 and newer trucks have air bags so the steering shaft is a different style.

9. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

allright thanks B&B i never thought this would be so confusing 1 thing i wonder is why they say the kit is good for a 95-98, and then a 99-00 1 ton and they dont say anything about a 99-00 3/4 ton.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's due to the body style confusion...just like ordering ANYTHING for the K2500's. If you want to order anything for your truck,stock replacement OR aftermarket performance, just order it for a '98. That will eliminate all confusion.:)

11. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

sweet thanks for all the help B&B i think i am going to order the summit 3" brand on friday(payday)