1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

body lift question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Detroitdan, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I'd like to put a 3 inch body lift in my truck, problem is all the kit manufacturers include the notation "not for diesel engine". Anybody done one? I think it may be due to all the auxiliary coolers up front, but I think I could fab new mounts easy enough. I've done several body lifts before, just never on a diesel, and I don't want to waste the money if I'm going to run into big problems.
    Thanks, Dan
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

it basicly the same but all the turbo stuff is a pita to strech and mod. i did a 03 duramax. i dont want to do a oilburnner again. :realmad:
  3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

like what turbo stuff?
  4. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I think the fan is the biggest problem. The 6.5 needs a good cooling system to survive if you do any towing. The 3in body lift will need to lose the lower fan shroud and unless you can fab up a replacement the fan will lose some of it's pulling power. It can be done but you will need to make a complete shroud now that I think of it, the top of the fan will be 3in lower from the top cover so it will realy screw the fans ability to draw air through the rads.
    Skip it and go with a 4in lift and be done with it.
  5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I put a 3 inch body lift on my 94 GMC gasser from performance accessories. It comes with all the stuff you should need to put it together. If I remember correctly, the kit came with cool long bolts and sleeves to put the lower radiator shroud back on. I never had an overheating problem or anything out of it. I was able to throw 33"s under it without a problem at all. I took an entire day to do it, to be sure it was done right