1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

body lift for 01' HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JTW, Nov 9, 2005.

1. JTW

JTW Senior Member

Anybody know where I can get a good 2-3" body lift for an 01' 2500HD with an 8.1 in it?

2. payton

payton Senior Member

try 4wpw.com

3. danno

danno Senior Member

The best Body Lift is by Performance Accessories. They have the "complete" package,.and better parts. That`s what I looked into and have.

4. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

i agree performance is a good place to go.

5. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Not that you asked my opinion but I wouldn't put a bodylift on, you have clearance issues you have to deal with and your not gonna gain any thing except look higher off the ground. Plus I know a coupel kids who have done them and one of them the body lift blocks actually kinked when the body flexed and he regretted the body lift after. If i were you I'd just save up for a mild suspension lift.

6. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

I have the Performance Accessories BL on the HD for this will be the third winter and not problems. I installed it myself in a weekend, easy to do if you have mech. skills. goodluck

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  7. danno

danno Senior Member

The Performance Accessories lift is a proven body lift. True, it is a PIA to install. Especially around the engine area.
    But if done correctly, no trouble should come from it. Most of the trucks in the midwest have a body lift along with a suspension lift. And those trucks are put through some rough sh*t.
    The one thing good about a body lift is, with a plow, the angle of the blade stays the same.
    If you want more info from true 4 wheelers, go to www.PavementSucks.com.

8. JTW

JTW Senior Member

Yup and thats what it is getting!

9. BigBurban

BigBurban Member

I also installed the PA 3" on my 04 d-max. A bit of a pain to install....i spent about 10 hours doing it by myself in the driveway.
    [​IMG]

10. Rodd1

Rodd1 Member

hey ChevyHD4X4 that is a nice air dam who make's and can you send me a close pic and how much did you have to cut for the plow

11. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

opps......double post sorry :nono:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  12. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

Its a Piaa airdam I cut very little with the bodylift, I dont know if they make one for the 05 trucks yet.If you are not going to run a BL then you will cut too much and it will not work.

[​IMG]

I can get better pictures if you need them,just let me know.

-Greg

13. Rodd1

Rodd1 Member

no thats perfect thanks

14. danno

danno Senior Member

I think chevys need a lift to make it look good.:D

15. JTW

JTW Senior Member

And Dodges need trannys to make them work good. ;)