1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Body Lift and Leveling Questions

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chcav1218, Nov 9, 2008.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

So. I've been thinkin I want a small lift on my truck, but I was curious abot the Body Lifts that they sell on sited like JC Whitney. I was also looking at the Torsion keys that you can use to level the truck. Would these help keep my truck level with the plow on it? Would these too units work together? Any input is greatly aprreciated.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/Lift-Kits/GP_2005819_N_111+2000+200729946+600003409_10101.jcw

http://www.jcwhitney.com/TUFF-COUNT...8427_N_111+2000+200729946+600003409_10101.jcw

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

body lifts not to bad on gas trucks not fun at all on oil burnners.

and those keys suck in my opinion. all thay do is basicly over crank the tbars and ride stiffer. and some dont come with longer shocks or taller lower shock mounts . and if thats the case you will bottom out the shocks big time.

and with the keys say good by to full in spec alignments . you can only get them close .

if you have a gas motor truck look in to swaping in the biggest tbars ment for a dmax powered truck. basic bolt in swap.

there is a good thread on this tbar stuff in the chevy section hop in there and search . its prob 5-6 pages long. even has tbar codes for diffrent weights.

3. mferrari

mferrari Member

PA makes good body lifts. Are you getting bigger tires as well? I don't know a ton about chevys (I work on dodges and jeeps) but you may be able to get just get away with the leveling kit and still achieve a nice stance.

But to answer your question the leveling kit and body lift will work together. And the front leveling kit will keep your truck more level but keep it mind you will be come used to seeing it sitting 2" higher up front so when you connect the plow it will still drop down some.

4. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

keep in mind that the body lift is stricly that. all your doing is lifting the body, so if the front sags before the lift it will sag the same after the lift. not trying to be so obvious, just stressing the point that it has no effect on the suspenision.;)

5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I am not recomending this in any way, but for a cheap body lift I have used hockey pucks on more than one occassion. 1 hockey puck = 1 inch of lift. I have only used this on off road mud racing trucks, but they seem to work fine. I always drill a hole in the middle of the hockey puck, and put a steel sleve in it before I put it on the truck. I have had these last up to 10 years untill I sold the truck. Now mind you I only used them off road, but I abused the crap out of those trucks too, and they held up just fine.
    Again a friend of mine even used the poly guides off of a boat trailer for the same thing, but I wouldn't recomend this if your looking for long term use of the truck.
    I know it all sounds hill jack and all, but they both worked and lasted for years.

6. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

if it is a road truck STAY AWAY from this method. even more so if your state does inspections as it will throw up a big red flag. :nono:

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i would have never thrown this out in public for all special people to read that search this stuff. :realmad: