1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcats on public ways/roads in MA

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ducaticorse, Oct 30, 2012.

1. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Anyone know the regs on this type of activity? I have seen bobcats with plates before, not too often, but I know they exist. I have 7 accounts within a few hundred feet of each other, and would like to reg my cats if necessary so I dont have to trailer them each site or risk getting hassled.

2. shoeman68

shoeman68 Member

Never been bothered during a storm or after. But, you might be more concerned after storm. More likely you won't get hassled.
    Use mine in downtown Boston, never an issue. Keep your overhead down, don't create another bill.

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Just get a plate. It's easy. Makes you legal, don't have to worry. If someone hits you, which if anything is goIng to happen that would, you mIght as well be legal.

4. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Call your insurance agent and ask them... they would know the protocol. An your ass will be covered too.

5. PPP

PPP Member

Go to Mass.Gov and look at the regs for slow moving construction and farm equipment and the use of the Reflective Orange Triangle. That may answer some questions for you.

6. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

just registered mine this morning L225 2 speed. same situation acounts close quicker to run over the road than trailer. I had the certificate of origin so they justed titled it and I got SR plates

7. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Lawnboy. Any idea if there is no CO? These machines were bought from a large outfit and I wasn't able to get anything but a bill of sale. What ins/reg fees are involved? Thanks bro.

8. lawnboy2121

I just added it to my fleet policy so it is fully covered for everything. It was 75 for the title, and i think 180 for the plates it is reg at 9000 gvw. I tryed to reg my old one a few years back and they said i couldnot because I didnot have a c of o even though i bought it new in 96. I made sure i got thr c of o with the new one. I also got the turn signals for the road on the new one

9. lawnboy2121

call ur insurance agency there may be a form u can use to title it. If u didnot pay sales tax when u bought it u will have to

10. lawnboy2121

if u use the machine on public roads to clear enterances or sidewalks I do not think ur liability ins will cover u if u hit someone or get hit