Snow Plowing Forum banner

bobcat ?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bobcat s-160 
#1 ·
I might be getting a new bobcat don't know yet i just got a new truck to plow with and i was wondering how good these bobcats plow 150 and 185 don't know which one yet? What would these two bobcats cost?

#2 ·
mike, got my 185 this past winter and paid around $23,500 for it with the enclosure (heat and air)
I used it for plowing and it worked great. I have alot of driveways to do in a close radius and it was faster than with a truck. cut about an hour off a 4 hour route. the only problem is carrying the snowblower, shovel, ect,,, last winter I used the bucket so not a big problem, but this year have a plow on it.
I wouldn't go smaller than the 185. I wish I went a little bigger. the 2 speeds are great,, but also cost much more.

good luck

#3 ·
Mike,
Are you looking to buy brand new or used? If used, look up Jim Reed at Jim's Equipment. He is just east of Piqua and a real straight shooter. I bought mine there several years ago and still run it nearly every day. As far as size I would say it depends on the application. I have a 773 which suits me fine, but don't remember which model that converts to on the new numbers they now have. 773 is pretty versatile. I think it might be comparable to the 175 or 185. Don't quote me on it though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.