1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat won't move - chain?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by MNBobcat, Jan 12, 2009.

1. MNBobcat

MNBobcat Junior Member

Hi Guys,

I was just plowing snow with the bobcat (763h). It lurched, made a noise, and then stopped. I can only go forward or backwards about 6 inches and then it locks up. I suspect something happened to one of the drive chains. I assume there are chains inside?

Its colder than you know what outside right now, too.

To get to the drive system, is it just a matter of tipping the cab and removing a cover somewhere? How does one load it on a trailer to take it to the dealer or is that flat-out about impossible?
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Drag it on or we use a bigger loader with pallet forks.
  3. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

push yourself on with bucket then when on ramps move 6" at a time until in place.
  4. MNBobcat

MNBobcat Junior Member

Wouldn't that cause more damage to the drivetrain? The wheels are locked up.
  5. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

It is the only way that I see unless you get a wrecker to pull it on but you are still goint to drag tires
  6. MNBobcat

MNBobcat Junior Member

Never mind. I get the dumbsh*t award. :dizzy:

I somehow had kicked the parking brake and had engaged it. :) Oh well, I guess being a first time Bobcat owner entitles me to at least one dumb mistake. LOL!
  7. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

That was a cheap fix
  8. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

glad you got it "fixed" i bet you $10 you'll never do that again??
  9. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

hopefully you didnt mess anything else up inside it. best of luck to you