1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat V417 For Moving Snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Jul 11, 2009.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I am looking at getting a Bobcat Versahandler, most likely the V417. So we can use it for landscaping. Does anyone plow snow with this thing?? I want to run a Arctic 12' Pusher and a 100" snow bucket, if I can. I would really like to load trucks w/ the 100" bucket if I can. Do you guys think this would be a good machine for that?? I know its small, but I would like to use it all year.
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

from what I hear they are great for pushing snow. If I could afford one, I would get one!

However I am not sure it will push a 12ft box. bobcat designed their 10 box for it.
  3. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

I have one and really like it. It is really small and fits in tight spaces but will move a lot of snow. I use the 100" snow bucket mostly as it really cleans well. (not so great for back dragging though.) I also have an 8' plow for it but it could handle more. I've even used the blower from my toolcat for blowing back piles. Handy year round.

Picture 172.jpg

Picture 178.jpg
  4. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Nice action shots!! Do you think it could handle a 12' pusher? Also how well would it work for loading trucks?
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You could probably get away with a 14' pusher on it.

75 HP and 10K?

12' no problem.
  6. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

I just ordered wings for mine (http://www.sno-gate.com/ because a full bucket of snow is no problem and it will push more. The wings are suppost to triple the cubic yards you can push and should reduce the amount of side spillage.

I sometimes use a 10' Grattex pusher on it with no problem but it is only 24" high so it doesn't hold too much snow.
    12' should be no problem and 14' do able if you work with the storm.

It loads trucks really quickly. Big full buckets are no problem and you have pretty good visability. It shuttles back and forth quickly.

Consider a 7' bucket for summer use as the snow bucket feels a little unwieldy in the dirt and it is harder to see over.

sno gates.jpg