1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bobcat utility veihicles

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by westernboy16, Nov 7, 2005.

1. westernboy16

westernboy16 Senior Member

are the bobcat utility veichicles good for plowing
  2. Big Human

Big Human Junior Member

Are you are talking about the ToolCat?

All, I'm Going to Say is Be careful of the early toolCats. That is ALL THAT I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT.:dizzy:

They have many upgrades. They are very slick units. 20mph quick attachments, fit in tight places, 4wheel drive.
  3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I dont know what you mean by utility, they are all for utility, arent they? I've plowed with a 763, works awesome, stacks like crazy and fast as hell. Only thing I wished I'd had was a wider plow, only got a 6 footer from Bobcat, could have pushed 8 or 10' easy.
  4. westernboy16

westernboy16 Senior Member

i mean the toolcat new ones
  5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

there are several people on here that used tool cats exclusively for plowing snow. I know I would love to have one. Tool cat with blizzard 810 on the front, one bad mother of a plow rig in tight areas.
  6. westwind

westwind Member

There are a few guys up here that use toolcats, they are productive. However, if you use skid-steers in the summer, it only makes sense to have that machine produce for you in the winter. That said, i find more co. using skids than a "versa" machine.
  7. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

we had 5600b last year traded for new5600c this year. machine kick a## we use 8' Boss. payup payup
  8. We

A company in town here made one street legal, Put a 8'2" V on the front AND a 12FT Swing wing on the back. I was talking to the guy fabricating this and he says they are one heck of a vehicle!. This company has $58,000 into it!
  9. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I used to think Bobcats were the greatest thing since sliced bread, until I used a Cat tracked skidsteer. I've yet to use the Bobcat brand with tracks, I'm sure they are just as good, but when it comes to comparing tracks to tires, forget it. It is like night and day. Tracks are ten times more stable, fast and don't tear up lawns like tires do. I work for an equipment rental company and I get to drive them all the time, and I talk to a lot of customers that use them, and they all say the same thing, nobody wants a skidsteer with tires after using a tracked one. They arent at all jerky like a regular Bobcat, that seems to always be trying to flip over backwards.
  10. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member