1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bobcat utility vehicle

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by mdb landscaping, Feb 6, 2003.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

I saw one of these at connex, and i think its a real good idea. heres a pic below of it. I think it has a nitch in the market and will sell well. i think it makes a good snow machine too. what do you guys think? heres a link to see some more pics

2. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Interisting lookin is it like a skid steer?
  3. mdb landscaping

its sort of like one. it incorporates attributes from the skidsteer and the utility vehicles. you can put just about any attachment on it, while have a dump body, and being able to tow.
  4. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Thats sweet I saw a pic of one either in Golfdom or Landscape magazine I cant remember exactly which it was.

5. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Saw this the other day in Grounds Maintenance Magazine and sent for more info from Bobcat. I am looking into one of these for all the sidewalks on campus. I am hoping they have one on display at Mascon.
  6. jpl

jpl Member
    from ct.

I was talking to the dealer at the conex show $32,000 with heat & ac
  7. Temco

Temco Member

For the Mass. members, Bobcat of Boston in North Reading is suppose to have a demo unit on their lot soon.
  8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

It doesn't actually skid steer, both front and rear axles steer. It can be switched to steer with front, rear, or front and rear axles. The front boom has a standard skid steer mount plus auxillary hydraulics. A pretty clever idea. Sure blows away a Gator!
  9. Tillerman1664

Tillerman1664 Junior Member

It's basically a Gator with the boom from a Bobcat. I looked at one real close at a show; pretty impressive. The boom will accept any attachment that the Bobcat will. I see it benefiting areas like golf courses, colleges, assisted living or nursing homes or large malls with their own maintenance divisions. I don't really see it fitting my landscaping needs.

Snowplowjay, things I would like to see destroyed in 2003:

-Recently transfered p.i.a. property managers from California to the snow belt.
    -Mopa* products
    -Durajunk engines
    -Guys who make fun of my wonderful Meyers products ;o)
    -and "ESPECIALLY" bottom edge trip plows.

ROTFLMAO:p :p
  10. mdb landscaping

This so called "durajunk" will walk all over your truck.

clean 2.jpg
  11. Tillerman1664

Tillerman1664 Junior Member

With 490 horses to the ground...doubt it...

Nice looking truck Matt... just poking a little fun back. I'll let it go not tying to start a war. ;) :salute:
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2003
  12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

What size/brand is that exhaust? It looks really good, Nice truck! :drinkup:

13. mdb landscaping

banks 4 inch turbo back, k and N fipk intake, power edge juice computer, and gauges.
  14. GLS

GLS Senior Member

That's a sharp looking truck you have Matt! Looks like you take good care of it.

15. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

Steve just test drove one of these (they are called a "ToolCat") at the dealer. Visibility is fantastic, as is the turning radius. The dealer said they are going to upgrade it next year with some rear lights, turn signals, etc. It seems like a great little machine. We question if it would really be good at plowing, mainly because of the weight (it is light), and also the low ground clearance, if the snow was deep. But it is definitely something we will be investigating further after it has been on the market a little longer.
  16. Newnamlawn

Newnamlawn Junior Member

if you look at the price tag unless you need a bed for something you could alomst get 2-3 used skid steers for the price of this thing. With A/C and heat with only a bucket it is about 36k. Works great. I had for a week doing landscaping and such. With the truf tires it does not tear turf. I imageine with the bar tires it would do good plwoing snow.
  17. snow white

snow white Member

toolcat 5600

i purchased one it is the cats ass:gunsfiring:
  18. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

I AM SO JEALOUS !!!!!!! :p

Actually, I am really hoping I will win the Toolcat contest and get to have one to use for a year for free.

Please keep us posted over the winter as to how it does.
  19. firemedic680

firemedic680 Member
    from BG Ohio

Sold 5 of them this month . 4 to a university and 1 to a snow removal contractor / land scaper. Main purpose is for snow removal , with other plans for year round use. Quite a machine , and a total blast to operate ...heads really turn.
  20. BobcatS250

BobcatS250 Member

Now they've come out with a turbo (56 hp) and high flow (26 GPM) version of the ToolCat. Literature's not available online yet, but give Bobcat a month or two. ;-)