1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat upgrade?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by TKLAWN, Nov 20, 2008.

1. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Thinking of trading in a 01' 773 bobcat with 980 hours turbo and high flow in good condition for 09' s185 2 speed. dealer wants 17,000 plus trade. does this seem in line?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

What does it cost new? Seems like you should be able to get between $10-13k for yours depending on if it has a heated cab. Maybe more depending on location, but I would think easily $10k and most likely more.

3. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

the s185 is $31,000 new they are giving 14,000 on trade. the 773 has heat and cab the new one also has alot more options heat, cab, ac, power attach, sound package, 2 speed and its an 09' so it's 61hp.

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Seems like alot. Who'd you get the quote from? Farm Rite?

5. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

That's from lanos in Shakopee. What seems more realistic?

6. NICHOLS LANDSCA

Compare prices between Anoka and Shokopee. Anoka is usually cheaper, I don't know:dizzy: But go to Ziegler Shokopee if you are on the south side and get a price from Dan Haugh he should be your salesman. Comparable machine would be a 242. I bet it will be close to the same price or less. Then if you still want the Bobcat go back to Lano and they will drop their pants in price. BTW Jeff is a dink at Lano.

7. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

looked at the 242 cat spec it doesn't have two speed for a option so that's out. Also checked with farmrite and talked to chase they are the exact same price. Nichols i think i know your dad from Woodhill counrty club?

8. NICHOLS LANDSCA

Dad passed away March of 93'. Could be my uncle, where is Woodhill?

9. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Sorry Woodhill is in wayzata I just assumed , he said his son owned a landscape company his name is Jim and wife Denise.

10. NICHOLS LANDSCA

Nope not my uncle. Have you decided on a machine or dealer?

11. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

we bought the s185 from Lano equipment in Shakopee he came down a little on his price so it seemed to work.