1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Tractors

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Rat_Power_78, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

Anybody use one of these? We have been trying a brand new CT440 with cab and loader and it started giving me problems the second day. Seems to have wiring issues causing it to not start if you shut it off after it warms up. Also, the loader valve wont allow the operator to tilt the bucket while raising/lowering the arms. Makes it slow as hell for loader work. To top it off, its been getting a little chilly here in the mornings and the heater is blowing cold air. Its possible that this one just happens to be bad, but I expect a little better from a machine with under 10 hours on it. Anyone out there running any of these?

2. jazzyjeff

jazzyjeff Junior Member
    from Mass

I had the identical machine bought it in march sold it in the end of aug. The thing was litterly rattling apart. I closed the rear window one day and it just burst. There were so many loose bolts on it it was not even funny. I put 250 hrs on it and knew it couldnt take it it was mainly used for boxblade and brush hog work. The quailty is not there, The implements are not up to par for the cost, the cab is flimsy. The loader on that machine is not right, Its a after market rhino, i dont know why they just didnt use the one designed for ir from kioti. One day i had noticed all the mounting bolys for the loader arms were loose. I blew several hoses, some metal ones that took a few days for the dealer to get in that were on top of the trans. Maybe i had a lemon. Im not hard on my stuff either. ! have a all original 87 3/4 ton thats my dialy driver i bought brand new if that says any thing.

3. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

It does seem to have an abnormal ammount of rattles and such, and my overall impression was that it has been built using the absolute cheapest parts available with no regard to overall quality. They are a good bit less expensive than other brands of the same size.

4. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

The bobcat tractor are rebadged kioti's made in korea. You can save a few bucks if you don't mind orange paint. Bobcat is using their own loader on the tractors not the one from kioti. We looked at them when my brother bought his tractor but decided to stick with new holland. If you keep having issues you could check out http://tractorbynet.com/ and see if there are others with the same issues.