1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat T250 and an Auger .

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Omran, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

Today I went to drill few holes for a fence on my buddy's farm, so I took this pictures.
    I got this Auger two years ago and it paid for itself the first job plantting 30 spruces.

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3564.jpg

2. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

Sorry equipment need a clean up, maybe next week.

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I like the cow in the background looking at the track loader like "what the F is this thing"?

4. I HATE RUST

I HATE RUST Senior Member
    from PA

nice piece of equipment

5. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

Hoses look a little tight. They are great though aren't they.

6. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

just you mentioned, I honestly thoght the same after I looked at the picture, I am going to check them next time i get out there. yeb they are great tools.
    thank you guys.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

that would be 1 hot and nasty shower if the hoses poped. :realmad:

8. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

I don't think that they are that tight though, but hell i need to check them any how, I did not fire up that auger since last summer :mechanic:

9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Our auger paid for itself on our first bollard installation job too.

10. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

I also bought a trencher 5 years ago and I honestly think, that the right attachment makes you all kind of money, that is one of the many reasons I love skid steers.
    Next time I get the trencher out I will post some pictures

11. KevinR

KevinR Junior Member

Looks good! I am kinda curious.....do you charge an hourly rate for the machine PLUS a per hole charge? Thumbs Up

12. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

Yes I do charge a minimum of 4 hours for any Job I go to, but if some one needs only few holes dug for a pole barn or what ever I just charge him the minimum houerly charge, that way customers stay happy.
    but if the customer has more than 20 holes to go, then I charge per hole, so it comes more at the end for me

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  13. KevinR

KevinR Junior Member

Omran.....Thanks for the info.

14. R.G.PEEL

R.G.PEEL 2000 Club Member
    from Toronto

Your hoses are too tight by that pic. No need to replace, just change the way they are held by the guides. It'll avoid ripping them out. That is a nice machine. 250 widetracks are beasts. The auger is $ for $ the best attachment going. Relatively cheap and constantly in demand. I'm contemplating the grader attachment. My dealer brought one in for me to demo last summer with my 650 and it was unbelievable. The control of the blade is amazing. The only problem is its 12 big ones and I'm not sure how to price structure it because it is so quick and precise that it would make hourly work go too quickly.

15. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

Looks warm there.

16. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Cool pics....your tracks look loose?

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You'd be amazed how animals come to know sounds and looks of machinery. I've worked on and been to many farms that the cattle don't notice any of the pickups in and out of the driveway, hardly any of the tractors, etc. But the second you start the skid loader or the tractor that's on the feed mixer, you've got all of their attention.

18. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

I've experienced that too. Not with a machine but with 5 gallon buckets. Whenever i do chores for my great uncle. Those pigs will stand on the ground and watch you walk all over the catwalk with a feed pail

19. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

Bobcat dealer told me it was better to let the tracks a little loose like this, and he said that what they found out last year after they were telling us to keep them 3/4" snug.

20. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

Here are my cows, they are so friendly, I am afried they are going to kill me be a mistake

IMG_5248.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg