1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat T190 -What to plow with?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mcnichol, Jan 2, 2008.

1. mcnichol

mcnichol Junior Member

First off we are a landscape company in southern VA , so we don't get much of any snow. However I would like to make sure that when we do, we will be ready. My question is what would be best suited to our Bobcat T190. We will be doing strictly commercial lots which will vary in size from a bank to a department store. My personal thoughts are that the 68" bucket will handle our needs because we rarely get snow (nothing in two years). But would like to know if the pusher boxes or blades would be much more efficent? All advice is appreciated.

P.S. Our only other plow is an 8' Boss on a 3/4 ton diesel

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

If you go with the Bucket, for the few times you get snow. It will be more useful in the summer season, when your moving light materials. like Wood chips or something. (Not a Landscape company ourselves) But we have a light material bucket for the snow relocates, that is alos handy for filling in pools in the summer, so instead of a pusher that you may use once every three years, get something that has a chance of being used year round.