1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat T140

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by MSplowing, Nov 29, 2011.

1. MSplowing

MSplowing Member
    from Indiana

How do you guys think a t140 would do with an 8ft box?

2. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I think that would get pretty heavy to push. I think I'd look at a plow with wings. The plow will be much faster and easier on the machine, then stick the wings on for a final clean-up/detail of the lot.

3. bbct001

bbct001 Member

Unless it's 2" of powder, think your going to want a 6'

4. mustangman02232

mustangman02232 Senior Member

tracs and snow dont really go to well together, anything heavy and you would be screwed

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Not good

I would agree

Really? :confused:

6. mustangman02232

mustangman02232 Senior Member

Tracks distribute the weight more. So your going to get less push then a rubber tire. Don't get me wrong tracks are great they are stable and will go places and push in dirt a tire machine will only dream about but for snow rubber tires fair better just my thoughts

7. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Does it have factory tracks or after market?, to light for a pusher, plow is best.

8. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

8 foot compact model would be just fine. Polar tracks would really help out. Hey if it is what you got and have to make do it will work. Not the best in some cases. I have a bigger one and smaller one and they both make me money and in the winter time. One thing we found out is that the CTL's seem to do better with blades and buckets over the rubber edge pusher. The rubber edge leaves a film that really messes with stock tracks. T140 seems like a nice machine, how do you like it or are you looking at getting one?

9. LUCKY 7

LUCKY 7 Senior Member

Most useless tool I have EVER used in the winter, on a parking lot, is my T190 with factory tracks. Lots of times I couldn't even get around when was wasn't pushing anything. Lucky for me I was a sub working by the hour- it was bad. On the other hand, I can drive off the lot and go through snow that's 3 feet deep but, that's not helpful. Good luck on your decision- hopefully it's not too late to go with tires. Remember- I had factory Bobcat tracks, I've heard Polar tracks are way better but haven't tried them myself.

10. MSplowing

MSplowing Member
    from Indiana

We have one at work, it does have the original tracks on it. We do county drainage work so we use the machine for it just figured we would put it work this winter since we cant get in peoples yards this time of year instead of it sitting all winter. I think were just going to use a 72inch bucket on it for now until we can find a 7ft plow for it. Thanks for the input.

11. stoneexc2

stoneexc2 Member

I have a 7' fisher moldboard that we built a mount and wings on it to make a box out of it for a rc30 that we would sell for $900