1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bobcat sweeper/broom

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by ace911emt, Dec 29, 2004.

1. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

Has any one used a power broom on a bobcat (863) the condo unit wants only sand (no salt) and it will look like a beach by the spring! Any advice on do’s and don’ts :confused:

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I have the pick up sweeper model from bobcat. Works very well, but 5 like the sweeper from SWEEPSTER better. With the bobcat unit, reverse sweeping is the norm.
    Dino

3. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Reverse sweeping give me a sore neck. and is a pain.besides look over your sholder in a bobcat and what do you see?

4. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

Bobcat does make A forward sweeper. It works Ok. Its not as fast as reverse one. Doesn't work at all in the rain either. Ps get A water kit.

5. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

Reverse sweeping is somthing I did not know ..never used one or saw one used .. the dealer will rent anything , I prefer to learn by others misakes.. it's cheaper

6. BobcatS250

BobcatS250 Member

Hehehe... yeah, not too good.

The pickup broom should be okay -- I think it works better than the sweeper, least in forward it does.

7. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

8. savagewolf

savagewolf Junior Member

neat trick i use is to push all the crap on the ground (running the sweeper foward, not picking up in to the catcher) in to a small area then backing over it to pick up, saves the sore neck and backing in to things