1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat snowblower High Flow??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PR0 TURF, Dec 14, 2004.

1. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF Junior Member

We are in the process of purchasing a Bobcat with a snowblower to maintain a retirement community with 65 driveways. My question is does the machine have to be a High Flow to run the snowblower. I have heard both sides of the story...some say yes definitely...some say no need for the high flow. Wondering if anyone has run a snowblower without the high flow on the bobcat and what they had for results.

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

IMHO i would go with the high flow option. you might not need it to run the blower but it might not run at full speed. A blower would use alot of hydraulic fluid and that might be the reason they recomend it.
    what model are you going to get??
  3. snow white

snow white Member

I HAVE both high flow and not blowers,generally the high flow blowers have either a biger height and or width than the standard flow, u can use a high flow machine with either blower because the machine can run in normal or high flow, but a regular flow machine will not run a high flow blower.generally the opening of the high flow is twice as large so depending on conditions you can make your choice.
  4. Foz

Foz Senior Member

You can get blowers for both standard flow and high flow hydraulics. If you are buying a new machine, get it with high flow, it opens your options to many more attachments.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I would strongly recommend going with the high flow option. What hasn't been mentioned is that with high flow is you will use less fuel because the machine is running more efficiently.

We have a T190 without high flow. It works fine with the snowblower, but it would go faster with high flow, throw snow farther. I'm pretty sure it is a factory installed option only, and I wish I would have gotten it.