1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Snow Tires

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by ThePlowKing, Jun 7, 2006.

1. ThePlowKing

ThePlowKing Member

I'm looking to put a set of snow tires on my 873 and my A300. I've heard rumers that you can use F250/350 rims and E range tires 235/85/16's. Can anyone validate that claim and is there a backspacing issue for the rims, and most importantly, do they really work that well or is it worth the extra money to upgrade to the snow wolf tire/rim set up for $1200?

Thanks,
    Brian

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Have you considered tires chains?

3. ThePlowKing

ThePlowKing Member

I currently have chains for the 873 but i don't like the ride and the chains chew up the pavement once they start spinning.

4. racetra

racetra Junior Member

I have an 863 and I just chain the rear. It doesn't do as much damage if you work it right

5. getmydrift

getmydrift Member

Ive been off the site for the summer, Im starting to think about snow, Last season I bought a set of wolf paws with studs, for my S250, what a differance, we had a record snow year, I chained the rear twice,only when we had 3 feet or more. the rest of the time very little slipping, much better ride, a couple of my accounts are in excess of 300 feet at a 6% grade. which I have a blower mounted on it. I paid about a grand for wheels and tires, Im buying a set this year for my other machine. I have read a few threads of guys using narrow truck tires an wheels at a cheaper price.

6. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

getmydrift,

The person you are talking about is Dave/Proworkz in the Tahoe area. He did change out his rims to truck rims but he has Cat Skids. I don't know if it will work on your Bobcat. I run studded truck tires on my Toolcats but they may have different rims. I did not have to change rims for the truck tires.

TimM9

7. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I run truck rims to fit truck tires 1000 x 20 studded sow tire recaps on my 975. they are a direct replacement for the 1500 x 19.5 tires I run in the summer.
    this shot is when it was geting painted so the cab has been removed. the rims are a direct blt up replacement.

bobcat 975 before cab low quality.jpg

8. ThePlowKing

ThePlowKing Member

I've been pricing out the snowpaws, they seem to be running around $1200 all said and done with everything, i'm certain they work awesome, I'm just tryin to save a bit on the bottom line, if ya know what i mean. I would be kinda irriated if i dropped $1200 and found out afterwords that i could of had similar results for 100's less. I think it might be time to go to the dealer and see what kind of deal he can give me

Thanks for the help everyone

Brian

9. Brannick's Snow

Brannick's Snow Member
    from ohio

we use ag wheels and studed snow tires i have a set for sale that i used on a deere 7775 for one season we bought 2 new cat 256 machines. have to get the larger size the size i have is i thinkl 225 75 r 16.5 same height as the stock tires i have picks ill post later in the for sale section
    brannickslawn@sbcglobal.net