1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Snow Pushers?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dmax07, Dec 16, 2010.

1. dmax07

dmax07 Junior Member

I did a serch with no luck, does anyone have any experience good or bad with the Bobcat brand of snow pushers 8' or 10'?

2. rdbpower

rdbpower Junior Member

We have a ten footer and its nice and simple, but hit a curb and tore the monuting bracket off, so we beefed it up . But we also have virnig boxes and they are beefier and less money.

3. dmax07

dmax07 Junior Member

I am going to go look at them tomorrow, not sure if they are any better than the standard pushers out there that can be bought for about a $1000 less...

I dont know if they have a trip edge or anything extra over a regular pusher box that makes them worth more money?

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I have an 8 & 10fter. Love em. I would never buy a solid mounted pusher.

5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

My biggest problem with the Pusher (8.5 Avalanche) was traction. I was always stuck spinning my tires. Maybe a set of Wolf paws would have made my experience a little better. I was just always afraid to spend that kind of money and not be happy with my results. Everyone in my area has had similar problems with skid steers and pushers.

6. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

make sure the machine you are using can push the amount of wet heavy snow in front of the size pusher you choose. anything can push the light fluffy stuff, but it takes traction to push the heavy stuff, weight of the machine and type of tires are a major factor

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

The design of the pusher is also a factor in improving machines ability to push more.