1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Snow Blower with Wolf Tires

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by stevesmowing, Jul 28, 2010.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing Member

I just picked up a set of 36" snow wolf tires for my skidsteer. They were expensive ($2,300 rims and tires) but they should do great.

0728001350.jpg

0728001348.jpg

0728001348a.jpg

0728001349.jpg

2. stevesmowing

stevesmowing Member

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You had issues with the OEM tires or what?

4. stevesmowing

stevesmowing Member

These tires are 9" wide vs. 12 and the tread has siping for the snow. I didn't want to put on chairs or studs in fear it would tear up the driveways we do

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

ide imagine that chairs on the tires would give you some other problems besides screwing up the driveways :D:D:D

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  6. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

If you dont mind me asking, how much was that loader new?

7. stevesmowing

stevesmowing Member

The bobcat is a 2009 I bought used from the dealer with just over 300 hours on it. I paid $40,000 out the door for the loader, blower, and bucket (loader and blower were used). Then add in the $2,300 for the tires, so $42,300. I plan on getting a light bar for it too.

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Those tires are INSANE!!! I didnt know Snow Wolf offered them in that big of size.....That machine with those tires could handle a 12ft pusher pretty easy. You will be VERY happy with the Wolf Paws! Congrats on an awesome setup!!!

9. stevesmowing

stevesmowing Member

I was able to adjust the shoes on the blower and still have it sit low enough and have a good angle on it. I'm not sure if I put a pusher on it if the angle would be too steep since those tires give the machine an extra 2" of ground clearance. I'll see how the blower works this year for driveways.

10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

On a "rigid" pusher like a protech it might be a problem..?..?....But on a pusher design like Arctic or Bobcat, it shouldnt be enough to cause a problem. I've ran reg Wolf Paws on a few S185's equiped w/ Bobcat pushers, and its about the same difference as what you have there(tire size increase compared to stock). Never any problems, worked great.

11. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Kinda makes you wonder how fast that machine would go now with those tires......................;)

12. snocrete

snocrete Banned

If my math is right, it should put that machine REALLY close to 14mph.....I have also heard they(Snow Wolf) are coming out with Wolf Tracks soon.?..?.

13. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

theres a tire shop by me selling those skid steer winter tires and rims for 1200 brand new i dont think there snow wolf but they look like them

14. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Just an observation.. But looking at those pics.. the blower bucket is sitting tilted to far forward and it will wear out the front bottom of the bucket...If it's ran like that. Not sure if you can level the blower more to the ground...

15. stevesmowing

stevesmowing Member

it is sitting a little tilted but I adjusted the shoes so the shoes were touching and the cutting edge of the blower was 1/8" above the ground in that picture.

16. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

Does it sit right now? If so I think I will order some for our bobcat, Thanks

17. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Make sure you keep us posted how it works in the snow. It looks like it will hook up real well!

18. jomama45

Well. I really was too lazy to do the math..................But of course I was willing to check your's............. :laughing:

I came up with 13.94 MPH using 31" tires for the base, problaly close to what you were figuring sno.

At first, w/o any math and just guessing, I was thinking 16-20 MPH just ased on the pics............... ;)

19. snocrete

snocrete Banned

20. jomama45

Sno, 20 MPH in a SS might just be enough for me to finally go in and get my hernia surgery. My head hurts just thinking about going that fast........... :laughing: