1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Snow Blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by flatland freak, Nov 6, 2013.

1. flatland freak

flatland freak Junior Member

I have a Bobcat s175 and am looking at purchasing a plow for it. I have looked at a couple different brands and I am not sure which to go with. I have looked at snow wolf, Boss, and Bobcat brand. The Bobcat Brand it the cheapest but I would like some opinions from people that have one of these brands and which ones are best or are the all close to the same. I am looking at getting a 96" with wings.
  2. dirtnazi

dirtnazi Member
    from ct

I run Daniels plows I have 3 1 12 foot and 2 10 footers I love them
  3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

With that being said, & out of the options you gave, I would go with the snow wolf...they have the best wing setup of the 3 imo. They offer wings for their blades that have a trip edge. On top of that you can always add the fast-tach down the road if desired.

BTW, the bobcat brand plow your pricing is probably not the HD model...which would explain the cheaper price. The HD models AFAIK, are closer to the pricing of a snowwolf(and build quality). From what I've seen, the Boss plow is typically cheaper than the other 2.
  4. flatland freak

flatland freak Junior Member

thanks for the info, I will double check price on the bobcat plow. I was leaning toward the bobcat because of the price but if they are closer to the same then I agree the snow wolf looks like the better setup.
  5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I have ran all 3.. have owned bobcat and snow wolf... I would buy the snow wolf every time. I have never pushed snow with a small machine like yours but a 8ft with wings might be a little big on heavy snows.. good luck.
  6. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

I've got an 8 foot Bobcat blade with the sides. It works decent but the sides are not built strong enough. Every 2 or 3 events and I'm straightening the sides. I also use blades made by a local company called Conterra Industries. I'm pretty happy with their product.
  7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Check out ProTech Sno Blade model comes in 9ft or 7.6ft I bought a 7.6 model has moveable wings make in a 7.6 box or at 45* its 8'11'' Open all the way up is 9'.6''
    Its a trip edge I bought mine ship to me for 2900
  8. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

We prefer the snow wolf as well. As others have said, good build quality, and productive with the fast tach or wings. We also have a hiniker scoop skid steer plow which is pretty good too, runs about $3k if you're looking to keep costs down.