1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat snow attachments

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowtime1, Sep 14, 2008.

1. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Has anyone utilized a 463 bobcat(36"wide) to clear snow from cement walkways? The walkways are approx. 60" wide.
    If so, what attachment would you recommend? 36" or 48" plow blade,standard bucket or has anyone had success with a snow blower attachment bobcat offers. Thanks.
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

we used a 453 with a cut down 6ft meyers i believe to 5ft and it works great. it cobats the snow that trucks throw on the walks and clears about 2 miles of 6ft walk.
  3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

We use our 463, with a 48in bucket to our own sidewalk at home. Other then that the machine sits in the winter, we don't do sidewalks on our contracts.

Long sections of sidewalk, and the snow blows onto it from the lawn side which is higher up, it push snow really well. plus our model came with the factory built in heater, so its nice to run.
  4. Krimick77

Krimick77 Member

I have a 463 with 44" bucket and 36" blower. However, I have only used it on asphalt and not Cement sidewalks. I can tell you that the blower easily handles any amount of snow and scrapes down to the bare asphalt quite well. Obviously it scrapes best on level ground. Some of my sidewalks are uneven or have a bit of a 'roll' to them and it might not scrape up the hard pack in those situations.

It does scrape very well overall. Having down pressure on a 36" snowblower is great.........not to mention the heated cab

As for which attachment, it would depend on a few variables. A blade will always be faster than a blower if you have the room to just angle everything to the side. The blower throws a good distance and can be better if need to move snow farther away from your walk. As opposed to pushing with a blade and then relocating with a bucket. Just straight plowing with such a small bucket is very slow going.