1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat skid production rate.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Superior L & L, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Just curious as to what a hourly production rate may be for a single speed bobcat with a 8' push box. I've got some numbers from when we used them years back, just interested to hear what people think

2. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Acre an hour with a experienced operator.

3. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

We were just talking about this tonight, are S185 isnt quite fast enough. We want to upgrade to a 2 speed for sure and maybe a little bit bigger.

4. Superior L & L

from MI

Our 185 is tired. Close to 4000 hours on it. I believe our t-590 is faster. We just returned a summer rental that was a new s-185 and that could scoot. This is large mall sidewalks so I'd have to be cautious of speed anyways

5. LapeerLandscape

We picked up a Toolcat last month on repocast, its a 2 speed goes 17mph.

6. Superior L & L

from MI

Toolcats are to rich for my blood. . Not the greatest year round machine. But it would be sweet for home

7. LapeerLandscape

This one needed a little work, a little rust, picked it up for 10k. We have already had the 10ft pusher box on it driving around. Think its going to make a sweet little city plower.

8. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

For pushing lots it's hard to beat a Bobcat s250/s650 with 2 speed. I've had smaller machines and larger ones and the s650 seems to work the the best.

9. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

It's a thirsty machine compared to the S250.

10. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

My s650 is a GREAT machine.. It does use more fuel than my s300.. 2.4gph vs 1.8gph. My s650 is a early 2012 so mechanical injection with an egr.

11. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Interesting, of all the posts on this topic so far only one actual answer to OP's question. With our S185 an acre per hour is fairly accurate.

12. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

At least 2.5 acre's an hour with a Bobcat S630 2 speed and a 10' Kage.

13. Superior L & L

from MI

Thanks, a few years back we were doing 3 acres of walks in about 4 hours. These numbers make sense. Thanks so much

14. Superior L & L

from MI

Wow, that's cranking. I base 2.5 per hour on a backhoe.

15. camerakb

camerakb Junior Member

Our 2 speed JCB with a 8' pusher was doing between 1.5-2 acres per hr. most times

16. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

So where's your advantage over a truck

17. camerakb

camerakb Junior Member

One of the guys in a pick-up is lucky to hit an acre an hour sometimes. And I don't want to have a dump with 10k of salt and plow equipment stuck on one job all night.

18. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

My 5500 Ram with 9.5 MVP3 will do 1.5-2 acres an hour. And carries salt. And i have the same into it that I would have into a new skis and pusher.

19. camerakb

camerakb Junior Member

Each to their own. We find the skid with a pusher a very easy crew to replicate and find guys to run with very little downtime or breakdowns