1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat SBX240 X 84 Blower

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by magnum1, May 2, 2013.

1. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

This unit was part of a package deal I purchased. I'm not interested in using this pc of equipment. Here's some photo's. It was used on a Bobcat S300 The steel over the tire tracks in the back round are also for sale

bloer3.jpg

blower.jpg

blower2.jpg

blower3.jpg

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  2. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

I'm waiting for a equipment appraisal on the unit . I should have that in hand Friday
    Any offers out there (reasonable ) Can arrange delivery

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

That blower looks to be in great shape! Wish the "minimum" hyd requirements weren't so high on it...I've been thinking about picking up a skid blower. Good luck w/ the sale!

4. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Thanks, I just received'my equipment appraisal back on the blower, I'll review it then I will have a better idea on my asking price. back soon

5. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Asking price: $ 4,800.00 for the Blower

6. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

While it looks like a nice blower from the pics, I've bought 3 units (2 new, 1 not new but never used) and never paid that much. This was within a few years as I realize the price has gone up quite a bit lately.
    Maybe a dealer in the retail world will get that amount, but the $3k range and it might sell a little easier.
    I tried to sell one of mine last season and got no bites until I dropped it to $2k. Even then nobody bought it. Finally a friend bought it for $1200.

7. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

That's interesting considering I sold the unit this morning for $ 4,500.00

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Not sure what units your running/talking about, but the OP's unit is the biggest(size & hyd requirements) unit BC offers...If I have this correct, BC offers reg flow, high flow, and then the "higher" high flow units (sbx)???? I would imagine there is a significant price jump between (just for example) a 66in standard flow & a 84in sbx model???

$1200 sounds CHEAP....unless it was well used, it seems you gave that away. Hope I find someone as nice as you to sell me 1.

I thought your price sounded like a good starting point from what I've been seeing on pricing, but thought you'd end up getting about "high 3's" or 4k for it. Good for you.

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

fwiw, I just got a price quote for a brand new 73 inch high flow blower(suitable for machines w/ 25-30gpm). Price, delivered to my shop, was almost $7000!!!

10. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Ouch, I don't know a damn thing about blower's True fully I don't
    want to know.

11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I only know what I read on the internet....which is all true right, lol.

I'm curious to know what my local BC dealer will quote me at for a new 72in sb240 high flow. I'm thinking I may go used, if I decide on getting a snowblower for next winter...just gotta make sure its a proper match with the machine.

12. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

The internet what's that. I heard something about it just last week.

13. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Wow you came out good selling it for $4500, I wouldn't of thought it would be that much this time of year. Good job!

14. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

I think I was lucky the gentleman that purchased the unit is content
    I accomplished my goal which was to cover my
    down payment on my purchase. It's all good

15. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

You did land a good price in spring. as well, good job.

16. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Thank You, I am grateful for the compliments Now it's time to implement the balance of this years buis. plan. ( It's not taking a risk if you've done the proper research )

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  17. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Blower for sale again

The gentleman returned the blower to me to sell it for him due to health issue's anyone interested ? If not I will send it to my office in Williston for resale