1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat sbx240 hydraulic flow requirement

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rob1325, Sep 6, 2013.

1. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I'm looking at a bobcat sbx240 snowblower and it does not say recommend hydraulic flow. I have a cat262c with high flow hydraulics,33 gpm, I want to put it on. If anyone can help out if this blower would work on my machine, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

2. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

No ones uses or has one? Any info would help me out greatly.

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

iirc, it depends on which motor you have in it? There is more than 1 hyd operating range for some models of blower Bobcat puts out. Maybe the motor has a model # on it that you can look up??

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

according to Bobcats website it says 35-42gpm??

5. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Thanks for info. You think my 33 gpm can run the sbx240 35-42 requiment or can I change out fan hydraulic motor?

6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I'm sure it would run it "ok"...but for extended use, or to expect peak performance/life span from the blower, no....according to the specs.

As for changing or adjusting anything to suit the needs of the blower, that's something someone else will need to help you with...but I would imagine changing the motor is an option.

7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

The other option from Bobcat is a 9.6 Hydro Motor Pkg which is rated 26-31gpm. You're right in the middle, so you're best bet would be to talk to the dealer and see what they think.

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Not a pro on this stuff, but it seems I've heard he'd be better off being 1or2gpm above the rated range than 1or2gpm below?..?....I 2nd Images advice though, check with dealer.