1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat S650 Plowing Videos

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by WIPensFan, Jan 19, 2014.

1. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

2. vlc

vlc Senior Member

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!
  3. WIPensFan

Thanks vlc.
  4. MattR

MattR Senior Member

My uncle also uses a skid steer for plowing. That setup looks like it would be handy for a few driveways I have that are super tight for turning around.
  5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

That setup would be great on just about any type of account:nod:

Thanks for sharing! Be nice to see some footage on a bigger snow....from the pics/vids you've posted since owning that setup, it dosent seem you use the "fast-tach" part much???

I really need to get some vid of my newer setup running the 10ft BC pusher. We've had 2 snows this season that were 6 -8 inchers, I was filling it full, & carrying a pretty good distance....snow was spilling out the sides and moving 15-20ft out in front of me at times wesport
  6. WIPensFan

I actually used the Fasttach last week. I only need it when there are cars parked in the lot. You are correct, I don't use it much, but when I do need it...it's priceless. Plus when I take it over there during business hrs, I don't have my videographer ( wife :) ). She almost froze to death doing these so a thank you to her.

As far as your claims about your machine and pusher...I'll believe it when I see it!:jester:
  7. WIPensFan

I've used it on drives and it's way better than a truck. Even a truck with a pull plow, when the drives aren't straight pulls out or are "L' shaped and you're leaving a good chunk unplowed by the garage doors. Bobcat can get to all the nooks and crannies. Only drawback is towing and frequent loading /unloading if your route isn't real tight.
  8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

9. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

Looks great Greg! Makes me want a snow wolf or a kage.
  10. WIPensFan

Thanks guys.
  11. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey buddy, great vids!

So is the blade any better then pushing with a bucket? thx
  12. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

That's sweet! Yellow wheels! The bobat gods are frowning! Haha
  13. WIPensFan

Yes, blade is much better IMO, but buckets have there place too.

:D Thanks, took me a while to come to grips with it, I'm ok now.
  14. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

What wheels are you using? Price?
  15. WIPensFan

Wolf Paws...$1300 3 yrs ago.
  16. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Fun watching your videos Learned a lot

How often do you replace the cutting edge and what type of edge is it a 6'' or a 6'' flip edge
    Since you running down pressure all the time. I know in another thread you posted you do that to keep the plow on the ground .
    Does your Skid have a float mode?
  17. WIPensFan

Haven't replaced cutting edge yet, but before next season I will have to. Has 6" cutting edge and I don't know if it's reversible, going to try it though. Skid has float but I don't use it. I tried it on my old loader with the bucket and it was a PITA.
  18. XYZSnowPros

XYZSnowPros Member

Excellent job WIPensFan! And a shout out to your wife for the great videos of you on the job!
  19. WIPensFan

Thanks for watching XYZ, and for the shout out to my wife. Thumbs Up
  20. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice videos never have watched to many skid steers plowing looks like they do pretty good