1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat S650 plowing video

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by WIPensFan, Jan 28, 2011.

1. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

First video!:eek: This is me plowing the shop yesterday with about 2" on the ground. The ol' set the camera on the trailer fender view. At least now Snocrete will get off my back!:jester::drinkup:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJGrxUeYZOA

2. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

looks good! where is the wolf bucket? didn't i see you bought one not too long ago?

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

What the heck is that strobe 20fpm? Skid looks good though

4. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

I was wondering the same thing...That sure is a nice looking skid :drinkup:

5. WIPensFan

Thanks. I can't put the box on with the deflector on. Need to do a little altering of the deflector, but really I don't need the box yet. I'm hoping down the road to put it to use.

Now that you point that out, it doesn't flash that often does it!? IDK, dealer put it on. Thanks.

6. WIPensFan

I'm wondering too. Thank you.

7. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

why didnt you just turn around?....its a skid, thats the beauty of it. its not a truck

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Finally!...its about damn time....and no, I not off your back yet, now you need to post up a vid with box on moving mountains of snow:drinkup:

As to the comment of not spinning around going the other way - give him time, he will learn the abilities of such a badass machine....he's used to running silly little trucks.:laughing:

Great Vid Greg....good to see someone is getting some plowable snow lately!Thumbs Up

9. WIPensFan

You can spin them around??:D I want to push everything to that end of my lot. There are three parking stalls at that end of the lot, and the trailer sits in one. It's a tight spin around. If I push the other way I just have to clean up the street so time wise it's a wash IMO. Plus there is no curb to deal with at the end I push to.

Thanks much.

10. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Windrow back and forth a few times and get it all in one big windrow then start pushing the one direction. Nice rig, you will get the hang of it. Also, you probably don't need as much downpressure, your running around on the back tires lol. Not trying to bust your butt, just trying to help.
    Robert

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  11. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

I had the same issue with my strobes on my skid, turned out all it was was a bad connection

Nice machine, just curious if u can pm me a the price u paid as well as the weight of the plow with the box attached (can't seem to find it online)

12. WIPensFan

Thanks for the heads up on the strobe issue, I'll check it out.
    I sent you a PM.

13. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Nice vid! looks like the 650 is set to move alot of snow. Maybe unhook that annoying backup beeper, they are obnoxious espically in the middle of the night.

14. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Great looking setup. I need one.

15. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Very nice setup, where in WI are you located, that building looks familiar.

16. doubleedge

doubleedge Member
    from ND

You could still turn around to drive to the other side instead of backing up the entire distance.

17. WIPensFan

Yes! Annoying as heck, and they're on almost all new equipment. Don't want to unhook it and run someone over. I can hear it already in court, "Was the backup beeper working?" --"No I unhook it":cry:

Thanks Burkartsplow.

Thanks. I'm in Middleton, it's a suburb of Madison.

OK guys, I'm not turning around to plow the other direction. It's not that far to back up, and I guarantee I have found the cleanest fastest way to plow the shop I've been plowing for 14 or so years. I know where I want the snow, and I know how to run my machine.Thumbs Up

18. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

very nice work, I love the new bobcat.

19. WIPensFan

Thanks Omran, I appreciate that.

20. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

nice video....looks like it really works well